Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Joy of Baking


Recently I have discovered the joy in baking. With a little bit of reading and research, plus numerous trial and errors, I have been able to break away from the "just cooking" category to now the plus baker. This past-time of baking might also have to do with the fact that my handsome Valentine is a much more experienced cook than I, which sadly can end up pushing me out of the kitchen a bit. However, with my self-taught baking lessons, I've surprisingly enjoyed the satisfaction of knocking out a delicious piece of rich chocolate cake or a nice refreshing fluffy yogurt tart. This is not only because of my personal sweet tooth, but more so the reward in seeing people jam a nice big piece of chocolate cake in their mouth and the returns of seconds and thirds, all of which keep me motivated in conquering the next challenge. Dessert is also just plain sexy and almost necessary if you ask me. I can almost NEVER go out to dinner or even after dinner at home and not have something sweet. Whether it be an actual baked dessert or a simple piece of fruit, something sweet on the taste buds is always satisfying. Next challenge: mastering the PERFECT pastry dough (trust me it's not as easy as it looks).

No comments:

Post a Comment