Monday, January 25, 2010

Olive Oil... What Could be Better?



For some reason, despite my best friend being a CVS junkie, I have never fallen to the whole face/hair mask, skin serum, pore de-clogging world. Some may say because I'm a tight-wad and HATE buying things outside of necessity, or it's because I'd rather get lost in Whole Foods and munch on grapes and almonds out of sample bins, anyways who knows the real reason, but all I know is that I love to experiment with what mother nature has given us (how fortunate we really are). Because in the end, more than half the crap out there isn't making us that much prettier, or should we say the stuff that us "normal" people can afford is not changing what we want to change, damnit! Most of us can't afford the thousand dollar surgeries (nor would we want to) or little serum bottles of exotic juices from some god known plant or animal that we can't even pronounce the name of. Therefore, as an awesome alternative, I advise everyone to look up on-line (or any source for that matter- don't forget your grandma or mother) about at-home beauty remedies. Simple face scrubs, such as oatmeal, honey, and egg or a nice hair mask of olive oil, avocado, and mayonaisse can truly change the whole beauty experience, as all the materials are truly natural and are coming from your own kitchen! My all time favorite ingredient that truly man just could never live without is olive oil. Not only is it perfect for cooking, but also a few swipes of the magical stuff on your face or a few drops in your hot bath will turn your skin into supple-goodness. Or right before you're about to wash your hair, put a few drops in and let it sit, and after you're hair will be blinding people with its shininess. Experiment alone or with a friend, but I gaurantee you, you'll be thanking me.

No comments:

Post a Comment